Leaps and Bounds
Silas has been doing some absolutely amazing things lately. Once he got over being sick things have changed dramatically. Not sure what has caused the change but he has done a 180 from where he was a week ago. He has been eating loads of food, sleeping all night long, talking up a storm, and just excelling at everything. I’m loving every minute of it.
During the past few therapy sessions he has done fantastic work.
- Identifies mommy, daddy, and mawmaw (Julia) both receptively and expressively (We still have a lot more people to go but it’s great that he knows these already)
- Identifies apple, bed, bike, crayons, and dog both receptively and expressively(With the sayings from the therapists)
- Stacks wood blocks 15 high (He wasn’t doing that at all then out of nowhere he was building towers)
- Playing with megablocks (He wasn’t doing that at all and is now putting together 8 blocks)
- Matching similar objects (matching pictures)
- Matching 3D objects to correct toy (shape sorter and cash register)
- Throwing the ball in his basketball hoop (and making it!)
- Clapping and stomping when asked to
- Asking for help appropriately
- Asking for a break when he needs it
- Started coloring on his white board (Couldn’t even get him to hold a crayon before)
- Saying stop and all done appropriately
- Sitting at his table for activities and not getting up
- Pushing cars and playing with trucks
Needless to say I am quite impressed. Silas has been in such a wonderful mood and is ready to work as soon as his therapists get here. He is making leaps and bounds daily and I am so proud of him and all he has accomplished.
Tonight I was showing daddy how he was making marks on the board. I drew a circle and Silas copied me! Then I drew a square and he copied that too!!! What?! My baby is excelling at an amazing rate. Here is him with one of his therapists and the pictures I took of him copying what I drew.