Progress at School
This is an email I received from Silas’ teacher at school…
I just wanted to send you a quick email because sometimes in the rush of things we don’t have time to talk.
- At school silas seems to be speaking with more intonations, especially when we are playing with him. For example if we try to give him the wrong transition strip he might smile and says no (with a higher intonation)
- Today another student was waiting while Silas was in the bathroom, the student wasn’t super excited, laid on the floor & Silas independently said “It is ok ____”,
- When going out to recess today he was asked if he wanted his jacket on he said “no” but when he went outside he told another staff member “I want my Jacket Please”
- He seems to be more interested in others on the playground and will run around with them.
- Today he asked once independently to go to the bathroom..
- Along with his goals we are working on many other skills. Some of the recent activities that we are focusing on are, cutting, gluing/pasting, and working on independence with these tasks.
Let me know anytime if you want to talk or get further information about the classroom. Having the home program information and knowinf what he is doing and struggling with in that environment is great to have.
That is some awesome stuff!! Way to go Silas!!!